Pfkelch13 emergence (TMA2019CDF-2662) is a project funded by the European-Developing Countries Clinical Trials Platform (EDCTP), a mechanism under the EU’s Horizon 2020 research program. The project aims to establish the predictors of local emergence and spread of Artemisinin resistance among Ugandan Plasmodium falciparum parasites. The project website URL: https://paact.mak.ac.ug/. The project is implemented by the College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
The project seeks to recruit a MSc student as per descriptions stated below:
Position: MSc student (01 position)
Direct Supervisor: Study coordinator
Duration: Maximum 2-years subject to funding availability and performance. This scholarship will cover only research costs. The candidate is expected to design the MSc thesis within the TMA2019CDF-2662 project timeline.
Qualifications and other desirables for the Scholarship
· Admissible for Master of Science, Pharmacology, Clinical Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Master of Medicine or any MSc in health-related biological sciences
· Continuing students with good grades and progress are encouraged to apply
· Good clinical practice (GCP) training is desirable
· Must be familiar with email, internet and good knowledge of Microsoft computer programs
· Excellent, oral and written communication skills and be capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a busy environment and be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
How to apply: If you have the relevant qualifications and admission letter (for MSc only) and experience, record of good performance for continuing students provide a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the scholarship requirements, current position, names and addresses of two referees preferably, one from an academic staff, copies of academic certificates and testimonials including a day time telephone contact, a one-page concept paper, and one-page motivational statement.
Applications can be emailed or hand delivered to the following address
Ms. Basemera Joanitah, E-mail: email@example.com,
Department of Immunology & Molecular Biology Room C35
Deadline for receiving application is 15th December 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. If you do not hear from us three weeks after the deadline of this advert, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.