CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018
International Health Research Ethics Training (IHRET) program aims at enhancement of ethical conduct of professionals with a focus on the interplay of national and international best practices. The program is currently soliciting for applications from suitably qualified Ugandans and international applicants for admission and scholarships that will support them to pursue a Master’s of Health Sciences in Bioethics (MHSc. Bioethics) full time programme starting academic year 2017/2018 at the College of Health Sciences, Makerere University. The sponsorship will last a maximum of two academic years during which the sponsored student is expected to successfully complete the MHSC Bioethics training. Funding is for tuition and some limited dissertation research costs. The second year funding is conditional to satisfactory performance in the first year of one’s training.
The students to be sponsored should have applied for admission to the MHSc Bioethics training for academic year 2017/2018 as already advertised by Makerere University in the New Vision Monday February 6, 2017. The scholarship will ONLY be awarded after the applicant has secured admission to Makerere University for the MHSc Bioethics training through an application process summarized below.
Application Procedures for the MHSc Bioethics (Makerere University)
- Must be proficient in English
- Hard copies of application forms can be obtained from Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, 3rd Floor Senate Building, Room 307. Application forms can also be downloaded from the university website: http://rgt.mak.ac.ug for online applicants.
- Completed application forms should be returned to the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Room 307 by 31st March 2017 and must be accompanied by relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts, and letters of referees.
- Submit a brief personal Motivation statement (not more than 3 pages) as part of your application.
- Must pass entry interview.
NB: Please strictly observe the closing date of 31st March 2017.
For more information visit our website on: http://chs:mak.ac.ug/ihret or
Contact Dr. Joseph Ochieng on. +256 772 426 681