Makerere University participated in the African Higher Education Leadership in Advancing Inclusive Innovation for Development (AHEAD Project) workshop. The transnational capacity building workshop was hosted by Kyambogo University,Uganda from October 30 to November 1, 2019.
The workshop was dedicated to strengthening the impact and quality of the deliverables developed so far and to prepare for the implementation of the upcoming tasks through collaborative work and joint activities. The workshop gathered 47 participants from all partner organizations.
About the AHEAD project: The project seeks to initiate a long-term partnership that will mobilize EU expertise in support of building Kenyan (KE), Tanzanian (TZ) and Ugandan (UG) HEIs’ capacities to lead and manage innovation that best fits their countries’ inclusive and sustainable development needs.
Overall objective of the project: To enhance the management, governance, teaching, research and evaluation capacities of Partner Country HEIs in view of enabling them to implement the knowledge triangle and better integrate their research, education and innovation functions in support of innovation for sustainable development and inclusive growth. The main project activities and outputs include:
- Analysis of National Innovation Systems in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda;
- Analysis of institutional innovation capacities at partner HEIs;
- Development of open educational resources in the field of Innovation Management and Inclusive Innovation;
- Capacity building workshops and training of trainers;
- Improvement of the good-practice and evidence base for delivering (social) entrepreneurship education;
- Creation of Virtual Knowledge Gateways for structured cooperation between Partner Universities and key stakeholders;
- Strengthening stakeholder collaboration and consultation;
- Establishing Innovation for Development Hubs at Partner Universities from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda and kick-starting their activities aimed at supporting local and regional development and enabling stakeholder co-creation in innovation.
More details in the attached report.