Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics announces the Rational Pharmaceutical Promotion Evening Course (RPPC)
Participants in this course will include persons involved or who intend to join pharmaceutical sales promotion in Uganda. Specifically Pharmaceutical Sales representatives, pharmaceutical company managers and any other health workers interested in medicines sales. Minimum entry requirement to the course is a medical or Science Degree. Participant who holds medical Diplomas will also be accepted.
Numbers required- a limited number of participants will be taken.
Objectives of the course
- To provide a platform for better understanding of the pharmacological basis of therapeutics
- To increase knowledge on the processes of drug development, regulation, mgt and marketing.
- To improve pharmaceutical sale representative’s knowledge on ethics of rational drug promotion.
- To improve skills in evaluating and presenting drug information
The course will be conducted in the evening (6pm to 8pm) to ensure minimal interruption to the daily activities of the medical representatives. The two and half month’s course will consist of presentations, discussions and group activities. A number of guest speakers in the pharmaceutical sector have been invited. The course will be highly participatory and will facilitate interchange of skills and experience among course members.
Course Modules Include:
- Medical Terminology & Language
- Basics of Pharmacology & Therapy
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Rational Drug Use Concept
- Ethics in Drug promotion
- Promotion Policy & Guidelines
- Antimicrobial Medication & their rational promotion.
- Medication for Life style Diseases & their rational promotion.
- Medicines for Dermatological Disorders & their Rational Promotion.
- Respiratory & Endocrine Medication & their Rational Promotion.
- Nutraceuticals, Analgesics, Sedatives & their Rational Promotion.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing, Detailing & communication Skill
- Pharmaceutical Literature Critiquing & Presentation skills
Course Fees and costs: The participants will bear the following costs:
- Tuition fee of 700,000 /=
Applicants should complete the course application form with a up-to date curriculum vitae and have them forwarded to the address below:
Before 28th August 2017
The Course coordinator
Rational Pharmaceutical Promotions Course. Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, MaKCHS
Tel:+256782355302/ +256782041486 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation: Course space is allocated as soon as the application is received. Enrollment for the course is limited to encourage maximum participant involvement. Selected candidates will be informed by 1st September 2017