Two weeks practical course on Survival analysis for epidemiologists using STATA Software will be held at Makerere University, College of Health Sciences from July 23rd to August 3rd 2012.The course will equip participants with statistical concepts and practical methods for analyzing time-to-event data with emphasis on applications in Epidemiology and Public Health. By the end of the course participants will have skills to:
- Compute descriptive statistics from lifetime data;
- Estimate the Kaplan-Meier curve;
- Compare survival curves of two populations;
- Fit a Cox propor¬tional hazards model to lifetime data;
- Interpret the results of the Cox model; and assess the validity of the assumptions of the Cox model.
Eligible Participants: PhD and masters fellows who require knowledge and practical skills in analyzing time to event data such as those involved in analyzing clinical trials and or cohort stud¬ies data.For further information about the course please contact Ms. Christine Kusasira ckusasira@ chs.mak.ac.ug orMs Harriet Nam-booze email@example.com