Position: Senior Manager Grants & Contracts (SMGC)
Reports to: Principal, MakCHS
Classification: Open-ended but initially fixed term, full time contract
The SMGC will have overall responsibility for the grants management function; including review of proposals, budget development and financial reporting. The SMGC will be responsible for developing the MakCHS grant management unit into a business unit which will contribute to the sustainability of MakCHS. The SMGC is evaluated by the MakCHS management.
The candidate should have at least a Master├ö├ç├ûs degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
Required Experience and Skills:
The candidate should have:
- Substantial experience (minimum five years) in grants management, relating to funding agencies and reporting
- Sound experience of proposal development and review and budget preparation processes
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to track and monitor multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication skills ├ö├ç├┤ both oral and written
- High proficiency in the use of office computers and spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate and manage a team
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The SMGC will lead the Grants Management team at MakCHS with responsibility for all aspects of grants management for the College├ö├ç├ûs programmes. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop grants management as a business unit.
- Oversee the identification of funding opportunities nationally and internationally, budget development process for grant proposals; and the submission of grant applications.
- Provide technical assistance in grants proposal development and management for MakCHS├ö├ç├û staff, students partners and others
- Manage the negotiation, finalisation and extension of contracts (and sub-contracts) with MakCHS as either main or sub-contractor once an award has been made
- Manage relationships with funding organisations and support researchers of all levels throughout the project
- Oversee the tracking of financial performance of grants and projections, preparation of timely financial reports, as required ├ö├ç├┤ ensuring excellence in reporting content and format; and check for regulatory compliance.
- Produce the Grants and Contracts Register each quarter.
- Manage necessary updates of the Grants Management Manual and policies.
- Development and implementation of MakCHS├ö├ç├û grants management training courses.
- Any other duties specified by the Principal, MakCHS
Please submit your applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, two letters of recommendation and photocopies of academic certificates and transcripts to:
College of Health Sciences
1st Floor, Clinical Research Building
Publication and Information Center
P.O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 530021
Application deadline: Friday December 6th 2013 (5:00pm)
Only short listed applicants will be contacted