BACKGROUND: NACCAP II Arise Project is a Dutch funded project based at Makerere University College of Health Sciences (MaKCHS) aimed at consolidating and improving sustainable research development in the Sub-Saharan institutions. One of the activities of the program is to provide data management and statistical support to students and faculty. The program is looking for a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and compassionate individual for the position below;
Job Title: Biostatistician
Reporting to: Head of the Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
Duties and Responsibilities: The overall responsibility is to provide data management and statistical support to the students and Faculty at Makerere University College of Health Sciences.
- To conduct, participate in trainings; and provide statistical technical support to post graduate students and faculty of Makerere University College of Health Sciences.
- To conduct data management and statistical analyses for studies conducted by and under the auspices of the Makerere University College of Health Sciences Clinical Trial Unit (MaKCHS-CTU).
- To develop materials for training in statistical design, conduct, and analysis clinical and Community Interventional Trials.
- To develop a state of the art Data Management and statistical Division within the MaKCHS-CTU, and under the Research Support Center; and to supervise data management and statistical staff performing in MaKCHS-CTU.
- To participate in writing grant proposals and reports for and on behalf of the MaKCHS-CTU.
- To participate in facilitating ACREM courses conducted through the NACCAP ARISE project
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and job specifications:Ôö¼├í
1) A Master├ö├ç├ûs Degree in Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics or its equivalent (2) At least 2 years experience of working in an academic or research environment (3) Experience managing and analyzing data.
How to apply: Application together with a current CV indicating 2 professional References and day time telephone contact plus copies of relevant certificates should be hand delivered not later than 4pm Friday 7th March 2014 to:
Head, Clinical Trials Unit
3rd Floor Clinical Research Building,
Upper Mulago Hill Road
Room 3.3Ôö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├íÔö¼├í Only short listed candidates will be contacted